Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
New Member Introductions
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Scott Showers
  • Imperial, MO
Votes |
Hello From St. Louis, MO

Scott Showers
  • Imperial, MO
Posted Dec 20 2017, 13:40

Hello everyone! I have been interested in Real Estate for a long time. I served in the Marines as a Machine gunner,  and when I decided to get out in four years, I was unsure of what I wanted to do. Being in the infantry doesn't translate well in the civilian world. 

One day, I was bored so I turned on the TV and a show was on that grabbed my attention, it was a house flipping show. Besides being entertained by the show, I remember thinking to myself, "Wow! They just made more money on one deal than I made in a whole year being in the Marines! I'm going to do that!"

So, I got a job doing construction and I went to a technical school to learn plumbing, carpentry, HVAC and electrical. Well, between work and school, I had no time to actually start a business. Long story short, by the time I graduated I lost interest in doing construction. Although it was okay, I was never passionate about it.

My interest in real estate remained throughout the years. So I started studying and taking courses on different techniques.  I was very excited to learn I can get into real estate without doing any of the physical labor. 

The other passion I have is helping people. To me, there is nothing more rewarding than helping another human being. Recently, an opportunity presented itself to me that involves real estate and helping people, so I jumped all over it.

Looking forward to connecting with all of you and sharing and receiving all of the knowledge this site has to offer.

Loading replies...