Rookie Investor in Gurnee, IL

3 Replies

Hello. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. My name is Perry Casey. I live about 30 miles from Chicago. I am an property claim adjuster (Cat Team). Very eager to learn real estate investing. Currently finalizing my REI goals for 2018. Still looking into if I should start flipping a house or obtain a multi unit rental property. Your input would be appreciated.

That all depends on what you like to do, where you start financially, and how much risk you can tolerate!  Welcome to the family, it's a great adventure you are starting out on!

Originally posted by @Perry Casey :
Hello. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. My name is Perry Casey. I live about 30 miles from Chicago. I am an property claim adjuster (Cat Team). Very eager to learn real estate investing. Currently finalizing my REI goals for 2018. Still looking into if I should start flipping a house or obtain a multi unit rental property. Your input would be appreciated.

Welcome to the site Perry.

If you ever have any questions make sure your posting them in the forums. We have close to a million member here. of members. Many of which are experts in this business. So there is a lot of great info to offer here. Also feel free to tag me & i'll drop by the thread to offer up some advice.

Good luck to you & i'll see you around the site.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you