Finding contact info

5 Replies

I have an absentee list of 1000 names in Montgomery county Maryland. I’m having trouble trying to find the contact info of people on the list. Looking for other ways to find their info. I’m fairly new at wholesaling. My plan is to cold call. Please leave suggestions or comments. Thank you BP community!

Originally posted by @Edward Reed :

I have an absentee list of 1000 names in Montgomery county Maryland. I’m having trouble trying to find the contact info of people on the list. Looking for other ways to find their info. I’m fairly new at wholesaling. My plan is to cold call. Please leave suggestions or comments. Thank you BP community!

These lists typically don't come with phone numbers or email addresses. What you want to do is direct mail everyone. Direct mail is one of the most effective marketing routes.

Also worth noting you should become a real estate agent instead of trying to wholesale. Potential legal ramifications aside a wholesaler is a poor mans realtor. Anybody telling you different is trying to sell you a course, a list, a book or coaching of some sort. That list you have, I assume you purchased it & it's probably out of date. If you are a licensed agent you can generate your own list for free any time you like. Just one of the many differences between the two.

Lastly Welcome aboard!

Tons of great Real Estate info & networking prospects here on Bigger Pockets. Pretty close to 1 million members with tons of expertise on most every topic in the Real Estate space. So don't be shy about asking any questions you may have in the forums. Many people will drop by to chime in. Feel free to tag me in any questions & i'll try to drop by & offer up some advice.

Good luck to you & i'll see you around the forums.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you