Sacramento, CA Beginner

5 Replies

Hello to all at Bigger Pockets, I've only found out about this website this week, though I have been looking at others sites prior to this due to my interest in real estate investing.  I am trying to grab all the information I can so that I can start taking action! From what I have read so far my interest is leading me to wholesaling as I don't have the capitol to go the traditional route.  I would like to get my first transaction under way by May 2018 and have at least 5 or more done by end of the summer. 

At some point I want to move into buy and holds as well as flips.  I had an investment property in Charlotte, NC in 2007 but lost it due to downsizing at my job.  After mastering the business in Sacramento and surrounding areas, I eventually would like to purchase property in Nevada, Arizona and possible Charlotte again. 

Since I will be retiring within the next 2-3 years I am looking forward to being able to do this fulltime, but as of now I will start on a part-time basis.  I liked what I have read about using your primary residence as a source of capitol that will come in handy for me down the line.

Originally posted by @Susan Hunter :

Hello to all at Bigger Pockets, I've only found out about this website this week, though I have been looking at others sites prior to this due to my interest in real estate investing.  I am trying to grab all the information I can so that I can start taking action! From what I have read so far my interest is leading me to wholesaling as I don't have the capitol to go the traditional route.  I would like to get my first transaction under way by May 2018 and have at least 5 or more done by end of the summer. 

At some point I want to move into buy and holds as well as flips.  I had an investment property in Charlotte, NC in 2007 but lost it due to downsizing at my job.  After mastering the business in Sacramento and surrounding areas, I eventually would like to purchase property in Nevada, Arizona and possible Charlotte again. 

Since I will be retiring within the next 2-3 years I am looking forward to being able to do this fulltime, but as of now I will start on a part-time basis.  I liked what I have read about using your primary residence as a source of capitol that will come in handy for me down the line.

HI Susan, Welcome - BP is awesome! 

Check out this blog for some inspiration to get closer to your goal:

A Simple Guide for Buying Out of State Turnkey Successfully

Welcome to the site @Susan Hunter

Tons of great knowledge around here. With close to 1M members there is sure to be an answer for any question you have. So don't be shy in the forums! Feel free to tag me in any questions & i'll drop by to offer some commentary.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you