New Investor from Logan, UT

4 Replies

Good Morning Everyone!

My name is Chris Roberts, I currently reside in Logan, UT and work for a utility billing management company that works with SF homes, apartment complexes, commercial, student housing, and military housing. 

I own 1 SF home within a 2 minute drive from Utah State University, purchased with a VA loan and am renovating with my spouse while we rent out the basement "apartment" (only lacks a kitchen).

I have been listened to every BP podcast multiple times and nearly a bible's worth of notes I have taken, but have finally made the move to start purchasing more properties by extending offers and building relationships with local lenders. 

My goal is to use my network in different college communities (alumni of a large fraternity with 240+ chapters) to begin purchasing properties in and around their locations starting with my good ole Utah State.

@William Hochstedler thanks for sending the recommendations! I will definitely look into these. I actually was looking at the NUREIA this morning and found the contact information from someone with your company. I was going to email her and ask if there is anything one brings to the meeting or if there is an agenda of sorts. 

Welcome to BP- although you’ve already been listening for a solid minute. The content on here is unreal! I’d love to connect at NUREIA, but have not yet checked out the USU RS thing. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you