• Rental Property Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
New Investor in Kansas City

Dennis S.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Posted Mar 2 2018, 21:09

My wife and I have been looking at Real Estate pretty heavily for awhile now between our full time employment and 2 teenagers in the house and all their school and scouting events which take up a ton of our time.  We have been doing a ton of research and listening to podcasts from this and a couple other websites for awhile now and think we am going to finally be getting our first investment property soon.  

We am going to take a look at a Triplex in Independence, MO tomorrow and are looking to work towards building our team if we decide to move on it. We have an LLC setup, business bank accounts, and so on, but still need to meet with a Real Estate attorney to make sure the business structure is sound, and well as a REI knowledgeable CPA to make sure we are doing the accounting right... So, I think we are on the right path, but still have a ways to go.

We have about 15K of our own personal money, and a 15K private lender loan to work with for a total of about 30K cash to cover the downpayment and some additional expenses.

I plan to start attending some local meetings to get to know people, but wanted to throw a quick message out here to introduce myself.

I look forward to seeing you guys out there!

Loading replies...