Votes
Andrew McBurney
  • Toronto, Ontario
Votes |
Newbie in Toronto, Ontario (GTA)

Andrew McBurney
  • Toronto, Ontario
Posted Mar 13 2018, 09:09

Joined up a few months ago but never introduced myself. I've always wanted to purchase long-term rental units, but have yet to take any action on that. I'm currently exposed to the RE industry through my business, where I assist home inspectors with their marketing needs. So, not investing directly, but the bug found a way to me anyways. 

I am going to take the next month and learn what I can about the wholesale side of things, and find some sorry person locally to corner for a coffee. I've been self employed for the last two years, and two things I've found out is action beats uncertainty, and mentorship is a massive advantage when taken seriously. 

I like the idea of wholesale real estate because it can genuinely help a person in a pickle get out fast, and move on with their life. Before I opened my own business, I managed a program that assisted people in getting into housing and we worked with a few investors, and I've seen first hand how someone's involvement in the RE industry can be fundamental in a family's success. (Edmonton AB area  - if you recognize the name reach out!) 

Although I love what I do (online marketing) the tides are constantly changing with different technologies and platforms changing their rules/algorithms, so when I look to the future I don't see this being "it". 

My short term plan is to thoroughly research the industry and develop a small but working competency, then jump in and see what happens. Mid term plan is to get a license for access to the listings and (I believe) protection from mishaps in accidentally brokering a deal. Long term would be to transition from wholesale to buy/hold rental properties. 

If you're in the area (Toronto/GTA) and experienced in whole selling and would be willing to share some experience in exchange for labor, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Regardless of local or not... looking forward to meeting people virtually. Thanks!

Loading replies...