Niccole Martinez
  • APO, AE
Votes |
Newbie Currently Living Outside the US

Niccole Martinez
  • APO, AE
Posted Mar 19 2018, 11:20

Hello everyone!

I'm so excited and a bit nervous to be posting here on BP! My husband has been an avid BP follower (lurker) and honestly, I have been so reluctant to believe that we could invest in real estate. He finally convinced me to check out BP last week and I have pretty much been obsessed. I might even be suffering from some information overload! 

A little about me: I am currently living in Winnipeg, Canada after living in Germany for the past four years. I am originally from Portland, Oregon. I am a stay-at-home mom of an almost three-year-old and almost one-year-old. My husband is AD military and that's how we've come to be in Winnipeg! Our goal is to have rental properties and I have some past experience in property management in Portland (although it has been a while). Investing in the Portland area is off the table right now because house prices have gotten pretty insane IMO. Since we don't live in the states, we're trying to get creative with our funding and investment areas but we haven't seemed to pick definitives in either category (although we have been checking out Georgia and Ohio mainly since they seem to be in our budget). 

I think that's the about the gist of it! I look forward to interacting and learning here!

Loading replies...