Newbie from Batavia, Illinois

13 Replies

Hi All,

My name is Cody Lingle and I found BP looking for RE Podcasts to listen & learn from. My background is in architecture & construction management, currently working as a project manager in Oakbrook Terrace, IL. I am building my RE knowledge by listening to BP podcasts, reading, and analyzing properties. My wife and I are looking to invest in multi-family + value add properties in the Fox Valley area.

Welcome to BP @Cody Lingle !   you're right next door if you need help finding properties shoot me a message.  There's a ton of valuable info on this platform, continue listening to the podcasts and watching the webinars, you'll learn a lot. 

@Cody Lingle , Welcome to Bigger Pockets! I'm a construction management major out of WIU, living in Quincy IL. I spend a few weeks a year up in Palatine with my girlfriends family. I am looking for my first property down here in Quincy, but would not rule out investing near Palatine as my knowledge of the area grows. Good luck!

Welcome @Cody Lingle !

BiggerPockets is definitely the place to be to learn and grow your network. The tools, mentors and connections you can meet are endless. Also like another said check out the local REI Clubs. Great way to get a feel for your market and what's happening by talking to investors who are active in the area. Feel free to give me a call anytime if you need help analyzing a property or a market.

Welcome, Cody!  You've found a tremendous resource in BP and its members!  Be sure to check out some of the local meet-ups.  We like the Chicago Area Real Estate Investors Association www.careia.org . Their monthly meeting is next Monday 5/14, in Lisle.

Deanna

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you