New Member from Columbus, Ohio!!

12 Replies

Hey all! I'm a new member from Columbus Ohio. My wife and I currently have one rental property which we previously owned and converted to a rental when we had to move (I'm in the military). Without any real-estate experience we were lucky enough to have a good property that cash flows and meets the 1% rule to boot.  I came across the podcast back in January about the same time as finding ChooseFI and the FIRE community. Since we had good fortune with our first rental, I am even more excited to use real-estate to build up a cash flow empire on our way to FIRE! 

Their are a lot of great deals here in Columbus! Do you research to find what’s best for you. A lot of helpful incite and great people to connect with to help you build your portfolio!

Welcome to the group John. I am fairly new my self. I currently live in Dayton, and I see a lot of potential in this part of the country. I hope you find the support you are looking for in BP.

Originally posted by @John Milius :

Hey all! I'm a new member from Columbus Ohio. My wife and I currently have one rental property which we previously owned and converted to a rental when we had to move (I'm in the military). Without any real-estate experience we were lucky enough to have a good property that cash flows and meets the 1% rule to boot.  I came across the podcast back in January about the same time as finding ChooseFI and the FIRE community. Since we had good fortune with our first rental, I am even more excited to use real-estate to build up a cash flow empire on our way to FIRE! 

Hi John, Columbus is a great place to invest and we are seeing a lot of our investors look to Cincinnati as well. Lets connect and discuss investment property in Ohio.  We are proud to be one of the few agents that received the top 10 team under 40 award for 2018! 

Hey John and welcome! I am also in the Military. I am a load master up at the 179th Air wing in Mansfield. I am an investor here in columbus who is relatively new. Let me know if you'd ever want to get together and grab a beer! 

@Zachary Caudill are you active duty? I was in the Navy from 2012 to 2016 and worked on F-18 aircraft. Super cool to see other service members on here. Cheers to veterans investing!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you