New Member from Western NY

4 Replies

Hello Everyone, New to the site and eager to learn. 

I'm Joe, from the Buffalo / Lancaster area of NY, and have been lurking a bit. I'm 30, single, no kids, and currently working as an Estimator / Project Manager for a commercial site construction company for the past 10 years. I am debt free outside of my primary home, and am very much of a DIY person, and can pretty much build a house from the ground up. 

Goals: 

I want to get into rentals using the Brrrr strategy, or even flip homes at first to build some capital.  It would be great if it could turn into a business that I will be able to run and leave my current daytime office job (target is within 10 years). I am actively looking for my first deal at the moment, and have saved some money, and have my dad as a private lender if I do find something. I plan to do most all of the labor, updating, and property management myself for the first few deals, although eventually I hope to have the means to hire the labor part out. I feel I am late to the real estate endeavor, but hopefully my skill set puts me at an advantage in that I can take care of most issues myself. 

Thank you to all the information thrown on this site, it is a huge resource for me!

Joe 

Hello @Joe Malucci and welcome to BiggerPockets!  BP is the ultimate real estate investing site around!  There are so many cool and exciting things going on.  For starters, you have the free informative forums to read and learn about real estate.

Second, you can network with any real estate investor both new and experienced. 

Third, you will learn how to get deals done the right way.

You have come to the right place and welcome to the Bigger Pockets community!

Welcome to the BP family, Joe Malucci!

We have a number of people on here that could expedite your success in the Buffalo, NY market. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and for referrals.

Feel free to message me with any questions you may have.

Cheers.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you