17 Fix and Flips in 2017 in Vegas

7 Replies

I believe this is my first post in the forum so wanted to introduce myself.    My two partners and I have been fixing and flipping since 2011 and last year was our best yet.   In 2017, we completed and sold 17 properties across the Las Vegas valley. We finance with our own funds and HML. Last year we repaid $2.4M in loans. Given the difficulty in finding new fix/flip opportunities we have shifted focus to new construction in the very attractive $220-$300K market. We have sold three new homes, have six in progress with plans to complete 30 by the end of the year.

I am interested in joining or forming a meet-up and especially keen to meet with anyone passionate about real estate but especially Investors and Land Owners interested in JV opportunities.    

Hi @John Perry ...congrats on a successful 2017!  I would love to connect with you to discuss your plans in new construction.  I run the Outback Real Estate Investor Network in Vegas so I can connect with you to share what our meeting focus is or discuss pointers in starting another group.  Just text me at my number below and we can schedule a time to connect.  Looking forward to meeting you!

congrats @John Perry

1) do you have any interest in building new fourplexes in the Lv valley? That’s what I’ve been looking for as my next step. 

2) have you done any research into the newly identified “opportunity zones” in the valley that offer zero capital gains tax on real estate investments in them, including past unrealized gains exchanged in to them.  that looks interesting me if I exchanged in to a new build fourplex. 

Thanks @Bill Brandt    The opportunity zones seem like a great.....opportunity.    We have been building single family, but had a very successful fourplex flip last year that sold in less than a week after it was complete.   I will do a little more research on them.    Always keen to find new partners for deals if it makes sense.    For example a land owner where we do the development and share in the upside.

@Marty True - I love Miami!   Happy to connect and discuss opportunities in Vegas.   Let me know if you are going to be in town, else can connect on the phone.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you