New member from Ansonia CT. Multifamily househacker

6 Replies

Hello all. I'm new to the bigger pockets family. I'm from Connecticut bought my first multifamily house conventional. Before even realizing my passion for this business I knew a multifamily was a smart move because a tenant would pay my mortgage. After moving in I did some medium renovation to the 2nd floor, mostly myself, but hired professional too. After a couple days of podcasts my desire to move into this realm has really grown strong. I want to expand my real estate knowledge and portfolio. I'm very new and know very little. I need to build a network and my core 4. Thanks everyone.

@Peter Kopchik

Welcome to BP and glad to see another CT member starting off on the right foot! I started the same way, with a house hack and doing most of the work myself. 

My advice is to continue listening to the podcasts, check out BP's library, and go to your local meetup. And don't be afraid to ask questions, there are a lot of intelligent investors on this site. 

Best of success! 

Hi Peter,

Congratulations on taking action!  There is a meet up the last Wednesday of the month at 7:00 PM at Crave in Fairfield. There are normally about 30 people there, including other investors, RE agents, attorneys, bankers, insurance agents, etc.  There is also another one in Norwalk on the second Wednesday  of the month.  If you reach out to me and provide your email, I'd be happy to give you the contact info.

Peter,

I echo Ed Matsons recommendations on the two evening meet-ups.  I recommend highly.  Details are as follows:

2nd or 3rd Wed of the month at Peaches in Norwalk, CT (starts at 7:30)

Last Wed of the month at Crave Restaurant in Fairfield CT (starts at 7pm)

Both are primarily networking with others in the industry and those who support it (banking, Insurance, contractors, etc.) but nobody is trying to sell you their "System".   Good places to ask questions and get info on the process from people who have bought, owned, and flipped multiple properties.

@Peter Kopchik welcome to BiggerPockets!

You seem to be on the right track so far.  You've reached out to experienced investors here on BP.  You also have experience with real estate investing.

My only recommendation to you would be to soak up all the information on here, go out and get some deals, and reach out to us if you have any questions about closing the deal.

Other than that, you're doing a nice job!  Good luck and I wish you the best!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you