• Billerica, MA
Votes |
Newbie Investor from MA

William Shea
Pro Member
  • Billerica, MA
Posted May 20 2018, 04:24

Hi BP,

I am a new investor from MA looking to start my journey to Financial Independence through buy and hold investing. I am currently a site supervisor for a site development and concrete company. While the pay and benefits are great most weeks I find myself working 60+ hours. With two kids under four I want to be around while they grow up.

I began my journey about 6 months ago and through strict budgeting and ramping up savings my family is now able to live off of half my take home pay. With our budget and saving plan established I began investing in low cost index funds. While this strategy will work all of the research into FI kept bringing me to the same conclusions, the best way to FI is build a passive income stream through real estate investing. That is when I found BP, I have listened to all of the podcasts and have been soaking up content in the articles and forums on the website.  My strategy is to start with 3 and 4 unit properties and get enough doors to replace my monthly income.

I know there is nothing passive about real estate investing but I am excited about the potential  for FI and building wealth. I am currently analyzing deals and trying to overcome analysis paralysis. Its great to be apart of the Bigger Pockets community and know that there is a group of like minded people out there to offer support on my journey.

Thanks

Newbie Investor

Bill

Loading replies...