Looking for guidance

6 Replies

Hello Bigger Pockets Community. Brief summary about my self. My name is Nick and I’m a Father to 5 children with my beautiful wife Tina. I’m currently a Union Iron Worker out of Local 44. I have a Bachelors in Electronic Media and Broadcasting obtained in 2011 at NKU. I went to work Union for the benefits as I help put my wife through Nursing school once I graduated.

Now that she has pursued her dream as a Nurse at Children’s Hospital Cincinnati in the NICU. He have decided we would like to start investing in some fix and flips and rental properties. However the only education is listening to countless hours of audio books, podcast, webinars and online research.

Where I would like to start is helping someone and learn the process. I would love to help as a project manager or anything to start building a portfolio.

Nick McNay

I don’t think anyone would hire a project manager if that person hasn’t done it before. 

I think the easiest way would to buy a light rehab/rental. That way you can be your own PM on the rehab portion, but don't have the pressure of hitting your ARV and getting the renovations done on a tight timeline... if you go about it as a rental/BRRR, I believe it takes a litmus off the stress away.

Thank you for all the useful information. Keep them coming! 

I’m actively searching for a property to do a light rehab. I’d like to fix and flip. I have extensive background knowledge in construction. I did carpentery for 4 years, union glazier for 3 years and currently a union iron worker. I know how important it is to run a tight ship and perform with exceptional quality. Everything I do I hold my self to the highest of  standards. I’m ready to find my first property and hit the ground running!!

Appreciate sharing your information.

Nick McNay 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you