Waco and Austin Texas - New Opportunity

2 Replies

Howdy BP: 

I currently work for a large GC in the Austin area and my job does not allow ANY additional brain space or time to work on my own investing.  I have saved up and have enough to live on for a year without any added income and I have been successful in getting pre-approved by several hard money lenders.  I have decided to take the plunge, stop building for other developers and do it for myself.  I'm here in hopes to meet other investors and learn all I can; hopefully, find an experienced investor to work with.   All the podcasts advise that you should offer something in return for advice.  I can offer 2 things that I believe to be valuable. One is 9 years experience in the construction industry working with highly sophisticated owners, end users, and contractors.  I can provide insight into the best practices for a smooth and efficient project.  Second is time; I have made the decision to work for myself full time and will put all my energy toward any deal I work on.  

I would love to meet and discuss any possibilities. 

Certainly don't recommend you jump ship from your job just yet. You could always start marketing for deals (using mailing / list services) and then partner with another local investor who can take has the bandwidth to take on your inbound leads and can handle negotiations, acquisition/exit strategies, contract administration, etc. in exchange for a profit split. This will allow you to keep your day job while also earning additional income with little effort on your part. Marketing is expensive and is usually a moving target, something you may not have accounted for in your post-job budget. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you