New member from Everett Washington

11 Replies

Hello all,

I am a 35-year-old married Father of two, new investor from Everett Washington looking for cash flowing properties in my local area (hard to find I know). 

I currently own two SFH's, one in Washington and one in Chandler, Arizona. The strategy I am looking for are a buy and hold or BRRRR type properties. I am new to Real Estate but look forward to educating myself and learning from Bigger Pockets forums as well as networking with all the great people here. My ultimate goal is to build 20+ properties that will help me build passive income. I have also thought about eastern Washington for future investments, I am looking around Spokane and the Tri-Cities area.

Thank you all and I look forward to connecting with you.

Glenn 

I am in Everett as well, welcome to BP! I have considered Spokane too as it seems to be a solid and growing area. Also looking out of state because local is slim pickin's. Only way we will find stuff locally is off market.

Welcome, Glenn. I hear ya about your backyard being expensive. Getting that way in central WA as well.

I like Spokane, too.  Even though I have some family there and go through it often I still haven't dug deep and pulled the trigger there yet.

Glad to have you!

Good to meet you all. Glad to be here and look forward to connecting. Seems like a lot of interest in the Spokane area. I plan on making a trip over their soon to check out some neighborhoods. Anybody know of some up and coming parts of Spokane with some decent profit potential?

@Glenn Hinojosa my opinion is that Everett is a great place to invest and if it is your backyard. The only other place I would think of investing right now is Tacoma. I would be hesitant to invest across the state when the local market is so strong and can still cashflow nicely.

I agree with @Grant Fosheim - however, cash flowing rentals are getting harder to find in Tacoma.  Seems like agents are overvaluing the properties tremendously.  Guess it's all subject to your requirements though!  I've been looking in the area for an investor and there's nothing even close to the Cash-on-Cash they require.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you