New Member from Dayton, Ohio

6 Replies

Hello BP Community,

I'm a new member from Dayton, Ohio.  I've been investing in real estate for about 5 years, but I've only recently discovered the Bigger Pockets community.  I've been amazed at not only the massive amount of resources available, but also the number of experienced investors who share their experiences and opinions.

My full time job is a Project Manager for a commercial construction company, but over the past 5 years I've purchased 6 single family rental houses (5 in Centerville, 1 in Beavercreek).  I currently manage all of them.  So far, I love it.  I'm always looking for new opportunities. 

My original plan was to only buy single family homes in nice suburbs with highly rated schools.  The theory was this would limit risk and lead to higher quality, longer term tenants that would be less likely to give me headaches.  Generally, this has proven to be true.  However, I'm finding these properties don't cashflow as well as other properties might in lower property value areas, so I'm considering expanding into other communities.  I've also considered other metro areas in order to diversify.  At some point I may venture into multi-family if I find the right opportunity. 

I'm glad to be joining this online community and look forward to contributing based on my limited, but growing, experience.

@Colin Clark hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

It seems like a simple thing, but reaching out in BiggerPockets about getting started as a real estate investor is a great first step.

You are definitely not alone in your real estate ambition.

Congratulations and I wish you a ton of success.

@Colin Clark hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

Good work on the property acquisitions. You got past the first big hurtle in real estate investment...overcoming analysis paralysis and actually doing deals.

We are happy to help you in any way we can.  Congratulations and I wish you the best of luck in your real estate investing career.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you