The New Guy in San Francisco Bay Area (Solano County)

10 Replies

Hi all,

I'm the new guy in the Bay Area!  Well, not really new since I've lived here for over 40 years. I've been lurking on BP for the last year and thought that I'd make my official introduction as well as go Pro. I've also gleaned knowledge from the Flipping Junkie, EPIC Real Estate, and BP podcasts. 

I'm currently a Telecommunications Engineer working in IT for the last 18 years, but can't see myself doing it another twenty. 28+ years in customer service, so helping folks is in my blood. I did a couple of successful house hacks two decades ago on my primary residences and I'm back to make a real go at it working towards being a full time RE investor. 

I look forward to learning from you all and sharing my failures and triumphs. My target market is Solano County for fix and flips, specifically Fairfield, Vallejo, Suisun City, and American Canyon. After I build up some capital, I hope to buy and hold in Sacramento and an out-of-state market, possibly Las Vegas. 

If you're in the Bay Area, reach out. Let's have coffee! 

Welcome. Solano County stuff cashflows without sacrificing too much of that appreciation people in the Bay Area like.

Thanks for the input, Chris. I work out in Emeryville, so we should meet up when you’re free. I haven’t been able to figure out how to cash flow in my neck of the woods without a sizable down payment and would love to hear your take.

@Mark Pananganan flip all the properties you can to generate capital but try to buy rental that cashflow or you are going to be in the perpetual JOB and paying a big chunk to taxes.

@Mark Pananganan hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

BP has all the information on real estate served up on a silver platter. It is that easy to gain more knowledge and be more skilled when it comes to the real estate industry.

At BP, you not only learn how to get deals done correctly, but also have an opportunity to network with other real estate investors and learn from the informative forums posted on BP everyday!

Congratulations, Mark, and I wish you lots of success. We are happy to help in any way we can.

Hey Mark! Great to see someone from Solano County

I am a Realtor in Napa Valley, who currently lives in Vallejo. I would love to help you grow your business. I am a new Realtor building connections in Napa & Solano who is also an aspiring investor. I hope we can connect more to learn how I can best help you with your investing needs. 

Feel free to contact me with any questions, I'll love to help

Ivan

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you