INVESTOR>MILITARY>STATIONED IN PAX RIVER MD

3 Replies

My name is Joe Appleby. I am in the military (20 years +) (World's Greatest Navy). I recently just came from Norfolk VA; and now stationed in California, MD. Yes there is a city in MD named California....surprised me too...lol.

My strategies are primarily buy & hold on multi/single family and subject-to transactions.  I am open to learning other creative strategies to add to my portfolio.  Can't  wait to get my feet wet in MD and look forward to hopefully working with some like-minded investors in the area!!

@Joseph Appleby hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

First, thank you for your service to this country. It is definitely appreciated, Joseph.

Utilize all the free resources on here to gain valuable knowledge from experienced real estate investors. Listen to the podcasts. Read the blogs and articles.

Second, network with other investors on here. You're already off to a great start just from reaching out to experienced investors here on BP. Keep the momentum going. The experienced investors on here will make sure that your deal is done right.

Finally, consider joining your local real estate investor's club. It is there you can "rub elbows" with investors in your area who are actually "out in the field" doing real estate deals.

Happy to help in any way I can. You are not alone in your real estate ambition.

Congratulations once again, Joseph, and I wish you the best in your real estate investment career.

@Jack Butala You fired off the whole clip and left me with nothing to shoot pass the newbie.  LOL!!  It's crazy how this forum really cares and don't mind informing without putting $$$ behind the knowledge.  

It's like, you wash my feet and I'll wash your entire body type of vibe.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you