Newbie from Santa Clara, CA

6 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I just stumbled upon the world of real estate investing and this community earlier this week and have been really interested in this form of investing ever since.

A little about me: I am a 28 year old software engineer from the Silicon Valley who has been working in the field for about 2.5 years. I have always been very frugal in my life and studied up on personal finance once I began my career. Early retirement has been one of my goals since I began working and I initially decided to do it through mutual fund investing since that seemed to be a pretty safe choice. However, after learning more about real estate investing this week, I realized there were different paths to financial independence. I really like the idea of real estate because it can help me reach my financial goals as well as teach me a lot about business.

I really look forward to learning more about real estate investment and hope to interact with more members within this community. I would be very interested to meet with anyone else from the Bay Area if you have some free time to go for coffee or a lunch.

Thanks!

-David

Hi @David Lau

Welcome aboard! We are happy that you have joined BP! I can't wait for you to get started. 

Check out the nearby members and network at https://www.biggerpockets.com/meet, it will help you a lot to find partners that can help you out in investing.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or clarifications. We are always happy to help! 

Welcome @David Greene

I'm a small business owner, not too far from you - located in Milpitas.

This is a great place to expand your knowledge on real estate investing and help you figure out what strategy works best for you. Recently I attended a seminar in Brentwood, hosted by David Greene, one of the Bigger Pockets Podcast host. 

Let me know when you have free time and we can set a time to discuss real estate. 

Welcome aboard. This site is real jewel to hands on knowledge and networking. You should also consider attending a local meet up and and investment club.

@David Lau hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

First, utilize all the free resources on here to gain valuable knowledge from experienced real estate investors. Listen to the podcasts. Read the blogs and articles. Take notes.

Second, network with other investors on here. You're already off to a great start. Keep the momentum going. The experienced investors on here will make sure that your deal is done right.

Finally, consider joining your local real estate investor's club. It is there you can "rub elbows" with investors in your area who are actually "out in the field" doing real estate deals.

We are happy to help in any way we can. You are not alone in your real estate ambition.

Congratulations once again, David, and I wish you the best in your real estate investment career.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I have already signed up for the meetup happening next week and have been reading Scott Trench's book "Set for Life" as well as listening to podcasts during the day. I look forward to learning more and meeting everyone.

Welcome David. I am based out of East Bay. I started investing couple of years ago and have mostly invested OOS. Let me know if I can help any way.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you