~~~REI Rookies, SF Bay Area~~~

15 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets! 

My beautiful fiancé and are I are brand new to real estate investing and are excited to connect with other BP members as we embark on this adventure together.

We are midwesterners who (finally) made the move to San Jose, California after 7 years together in Detroit. Our ultimate goal is to eventually relocate to Los Angeles and using just the little we have learned on BP so far,we have quickly come to realize that this can be achieved with REI.

We are currently looking for small, MF properties in St. Louis, MO, Dayton, OH, San Antonio and Austin, TX. We welcome advice and are open to any opportunities for learning and/or networking that come our way. We know that we still have so much more to learn but are extremely motivated to take the leap and purchase our first property within the next few months.

Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to learn about and connect with us newbies ;).

Cedrick and Maria

Welcome Cedric to you and your fiance! Lots of versed people on here to help guide you, I can only offer my newbie experience thus far with a SFH turnkey in San Antonio and my experience living in greater LA area.

Please respond after you read the forums or whatever if you decide I can help in any way 👍🏽

Jeff Nordin

@Cedrick McKinney hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

You just became a bigger person in real estate investing by signing up on Bigger Pockets!

At Bigger Pockets, you can reach out to other real estate investors while completing deals successfully and correctly.

Once again, Cedrick, welcome to Bigger Pockets!

You are not alone in your real estate ambition.

Welcome to BiggerPockets @Cedrick McKinney!

I work for an investment brokerage in Austin, and would be happy to connect and see if I can help you out in getting started on your REI ventures.

Congrats on the move out to California to both of you! 

Originally posted by @Cedrick McKinney :

Hello BiggerPockets! 

My beautiful fiancé and are I are brand new to real estate investing and are excited to connect with other BP members as we embark on this adventure together.

We are midwesterners who (finally) made the move to San Jose, California after 7 years together in Detroit. Our ultimate goal is to eventually relocate to Los Angeles and using just the little we have learned on BP so far,we have quickly come to realize that this can be achieved with REI.

We are currently looking for small, MF properties in St. Louis, MO, Dayton, OH, San Antonio and Austin, TX. We welcome advice and are open to any opportunities for learning and/or networking that come our way. We know that we still have so much more to learn but are extremely motivated to take the leap and purchase our first property within the next few months.

Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to learn about and connect with us newbies ;).

Cedrick and Maria

Welcome aboard!

Thank you @Darrin Carey ! I'm very interested in the area your in! I Love the midwest, would love to reach out and speak with you about the Dayton Market, and look into the lending and how that process is done.

Thank you for the Welcome 

Cedrick McKinney

Welcome to BP, @Cedrick McKinney . Congrats on the move to one of the most expensive markets in the country! I'm also in San Jose and am also from the midwest (Chicago area). Like you two, I'm itching to get my RE investing started. I'd like to get to know other REI in the area. If interested, I'd be happy to buy you both a round if you'd like to chat RE with me sometime.

@Cedrick McKinney hey cedrick I’m from San Jose and fairly new to REI and always looking to chat with REI members. I’m not very new to REI but have a couple rehabs under my belt so If you would like to chat Just PM me.

Welcome! Great to have you both here, you are definitely in the right spot!! David Greene and I are both out of state investors and love educating those on the process, we hold monthly free seminars in the bay area if you are interested in attending, please let me know, we are here to help! :)

Welcome to you both, @Cedrick McKinney . I'm a transplanted Midwesterner myself (Chicago) and also a newbie investor.

I decided to take Brandon Turner's 90-Day Challenge: having a deadline is a good way to break the procrastination and "analysis paralysis" cycles. I'm a couple of weeks into it, practicing with the BP deal calculators and catching up on podcasts. Yesterday, I met with a Realtor. Today, I got an 800 number through eVoice and posted an ad on Craigslist. I'm viewing a property from Realtor.com tomorrow: I'm taking my notepad, tape measure, and camera (I'm also a photographer) to document anything that seems to warrant noting, measuring, or photographing. By the end of this week I'll be ready to order my direct mail list, which is where I plan to direct the bulk of my marketing efforts. I'll work on developing and refining systems (Podio, virtual assistants, etc.) as lead generation ramps up.

Stay in touch. Let us know how and what you're doing. I wish you and your lovely fiance health, wealth, and happiness!

Hey great decision in taking the leap in wholesaling. You guys are going to blow up in this industry!

I've been in the industry for over 4 years now and can tell you that having a virtual assistant team is the best decision I have ever made. I have made over 6 figures a month having a virtual staff. 

If you want any tips in putting together the best virtual assistant team, PM me. 

Hello! @Cedrick McKinney

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you