New member from Raleigh, NC!

15 Replies

Hello everyone! I'm Peter from Raleigh. I've been listening to the BP podcasts for about 6 months, and am now joining the forums. 

Background: My wife and I read Rich Dad Poor Dad about 10 years ago and it really shook us. When we moved to a bigger house in 2012, we decided to keep the first home as a rental. Our residential real estate agent, in her office, had a recommended rental management company, and so we signed up with them. That first property has generated a pretty decent cash flow, and we just closed on our second single family rental in March 2018, located in Wake Forest, NC. 

I'm looking to get to know some other investors and professionals on the forums and learn some new tricks in the rental game. I also hope to be able to help people who are new to the game.

Thanks!

@Peter Filardo hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

Bigger Pockets is a great start toward getting deals done correctly and reaching out to seasoned real estate investors.

Congratulations, Peter. I wish you the best in your real estate investing career.

Originally posted by @Jill DeWit :

@Peter Filardo hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!

Bigger Pockets is a great start toward getting deals done correctly and reaching out to seasoned real estate investors.

Congratulations, Peter. I wish you the best in your real estate investing career.

Thanks Jill for the nice wishes!

@Peter Filardo

Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

Hey Peter, welcome to BP. I’m an investor that has properties in Wake Forest, Raleigh and Youngsville. I always enjoy meeting other investors and helping them in any way I can. Private message me and les connect further.

Originally posted by @Phillip Bradrick :

Hey Peter, welcome to BP. I’m an investor that has properties in Wake Forest, Raleigh and Youngsville. I always enjoy meeting other investors and helping them in any way I can. Private message me and les connect further.

Thanks Phillip!

Welcome! I live in wake forest and love it here! Reach out if you feel like grabbing some coffee sometime :)

@Peter Filardo if you’re looking locally I’d second @Adam Schneider about attending dealmakers or treia.

I prefer dealmakers to treia. My limited exposure to treia meetings is they are one giant guru sellfest, which isn’t for me.

If you’re looking long distance, feel free to hit me up, as that’s what I do.

Originally posted by @Caleb Heimsoth :

Peter Filardo if you’re looking locally I’d second Adam Schneider about attending dealmakers or treia.

I prefer dealmakers to treia. My limited exposure to treia meetings is they are one giant guru sellfest, which isn’t for me.

If you’re looking long distance, feel free to hit me up, as that’s what I do.

Long distance does appeal to me, multifamily is hard to do around here and seems to be a good idea. We may do that!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you