Excited to finally be engaging here!

12 Replies

Happy weekend BiggerPockets friends.  I’m blown away by the knowledge and depth of this community and am really excited to be meeting some like minded individuals.  I think I may start to loose friends if I continue to try and talk to them about real estate as frequently as I would like!  

I grew up in upstate NY where I have had an opportunity to invest in both residential and commercial markets as a partner. 

I have relocated my general contacting company to Southwrn Maine and have begun the hunt to build a multi-family portfolio here in the state I now call home.  

I have a million questions, but for now I’ll leave it at thank you all for being here sharing and learning and I hope to at the least make some new friends.

Logan 

Spent half my time in Ithaca, the other half in Rochester.  Just only recently relocated to Maine.  

Still dream of buying an Ithaca property from here though...  

Brian- previous amateur flame worker, small goblets and marbles mostly :)

Cool, I’d love a property in Ithaca as well. Great potential. The buy in is high though compared with corning and elmira. That’s where I am. Great you’ve done some glass, I work from the furnace.

I know you're not here any more, but Ithaca is a great place to invest! I work mainly with commercial/residential investors here, so if there's anything I can do let me know. Good luck in your new home and your new adventure!

Curious what you guys think of this place.  Not the listed price, but could each room theoretically be plumed for kitchen/ bath.  Does that change zoning from communal living with seperate bedrooms to full on studio suites?  If so, this sucker could cash flow, regardless of the septic upgrades...?

@Logan Jamieson Welcome to Maine! Hope your relocation went well and you are enjoying the quality of life that this state allows.

Would be happy to connect and discuss this market. I am a Realtor, investor, developer, and have an interest in a property management company in Southern Maine. If I can help in any way, I would be happy to.

Best of luck here in Maine! It's a great place to call home. 

Welcome to Bigger Pockets, Logan!  I hope you will like it here.  

I know the feeling about talking too much to my friends and co-workers about real estate investing.  Lately, it's been about money and financial independence because I'm listening to the Bigger Pockets money podcast.  I think I will have no friends soon.  The way their eyes glaze over and the silence I get in response to my enthusiastic chatter... sigh.  But I am sooo excited about this stuff!  :D

I am also from Maine, and also a newbie looking to get started. I’m from Windham but I am going to be in Afghanistan until early 2019. I’m out here getting this startup capital haha

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you