Greetings from Cincinnati, OH

4 Replies

Hi folks, 

My name is Alice and I am living in Cincinnati, OH and I have a bit of an addiction to the BP podcasts! I am a totally green member with a dream of investing in rental as well as flipping and wholesaling down the road.  My neighborhood market is kinda hot/inflated right now, so not sure that will be where I begin, but my goal is to have a few investment properties and achieve "financial freedom". I say that in quotes because I keep hearing that, but I'm not totally sure what it means!  

I am a visual artist and arts educator and my husband is an architect. We would love to flip, but I don't think that makes sense with our time commitments at this point, but perhaps down the road. I know what I can do right now and that is buy some rental and start there! I am trying to educate myself through the website/podcasts, and I'm reading books from the library bookshelf I never ever imagined I would read- "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", "The Emyth"??  Really?? These are not titles that artsy people are supposed to read!! :) BUT, I have really enjoyed expanding my viewpoints and I already feel like I've learned so much. I loved the podcast on ethical landlords and just the whole vibe of community here on BP in terms of how you can succeed and also not be a jerk. Life goals!

Thanks in advance for all of the help I know I'm going to be asking for along the way. Hopefully one day I too can be the pro helping some greenie out!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you