Why hello there, allow me to introduce myself.

11 Replies

Hey there follow Bigger Pockets members,

I guess introductions are at hand. I'm Clayton, 35 years old, and finally in a position to start investing in real estate. As much as I wanted to do it earlier on, I had no idea where to go and what to do. I've finally got my desired niche picked as multi-family units and methods I want to use (thanks bigger pockets podcast for all the ideas) and ready to set sail and this real estate adventure. 

Thanks!

Forgot a thing or two. I'm from San Diego, California. Looking to invest out of state, or a great distance away since our home prices have gotten crazy high the last couple of years. Currently reading the book for long distance realestate investing to learn a few things.

@Clayton Hutton Welcome to the BP community! Just want to say that there is more to Idaho than just Boise. If you want some lower prices, Eastern Idaho is where to look. I love my MF here.

@Clayton Hutton Thanks for clarifying. Then in your case, I'd take @Don Spafford advise to check out other areas in Idaho. Ideally you should do that in person. While out there, meet with professionals that you will need to build up your team. That includes but not limited to: GC's, property managers, realtors, loan brokers, inspectors, attorneys. Meeting PRO's and networking will help you with finding the right properties and potentially partnering up with other investors. 

Best! 

I’m in Orange County, and yes, things are frothy in the more coastal markets and some inland areas. But we have out-of-state pricing in our backyard. Feel free to message me if you would like to discuss more.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you