New Investor in Kansas City!

7 Replies

Hey y'all. 

Just wanted to say hi to the BP community (especially the ones who live in the Kansas City area). I can't wait to get started on my investing journey. I read Rich Dad Poor Dad after I graduated college... three years ago. Soon after that, I found BiggerPockets and started listening to their podcast. But i could never gather the courage to take that first step. 

I've finally decided that I'm going to do whatever I can to get that first deal, starting with a little bit of accountability from posting to this forum. 

I'm looking to start house hacking my way into real estate with a 2-4 unit building. I would like to look in Lee's Summit, Blue Springs, Overland Park, and Shawnee Mission areas.

Any advice for a new investor? Could anyone direct me to investor friendly real estate agents and banks in the areas?

I'll be on the lookout for real estate meetups around Kansas City and its suburbs. I'm looking forward to see you all at one in the future!

Welcome to bigger pockets.

House hacking is a great way to get started in real estate investing. 

You'll learn how to analyze a deal, manage the cash flow, and manage a property.

Good luck!

Hi Nicholas, welcome to BP and the investment world. House hacking is a great idea to get started. I can connect you to some lenders and provide you with a lot of the information you are looking for. Send me a message if you would like to chat!

Welcome to BP - find the monthly MAREI meetings, we post them here on the BP calendar, but for some reason, it is not showing up for the July 10th on the map.  Will be the vendor night trade show so a great opportunity to meet live and face to face with many different vendor, investor, experts and more.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you