New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Walter C.
Votes |
New here on this forum

Walter C.
Posted Jun 28 2018, 15:11

Hi, my name is Walter, and I am learning to being a landlord, of buildings that my parents owned for a long time. I am from the Philadelphia area.

Just recently went through a difficult time, having to deal with a difficult inspector and having a cease & desist order on one of my buildings for a month, resulting in resident tenants being forced out and commercial tenant having to shut down their business. And I am sure anyone from the Philly area can understand, L&I are very unhelpful, to say the least, to help me resolve the problem. So I had to get a lawyer to help me through this whole mess. It has definitely been a learning experience for me. Still trying to figure out when to start collecting rent, after giving 1 month free, due to the cease & desist order.

Having read some of the threads on this forum, it looks like this could be the place to get some help in being a landlord, as I have found some really helpful info here. I am sure that I have many questions that will come up in the future. 

Loading replies...