New member Introductions

6 Replies

Hi everyone,  my name is Waylon Korkow.  I live in Sioux Falls SD.

I am a mortgage banker and have been in banking for 20 years.  Just recently decided to form a partnership with 2 other guys to buy some investment properties.  I'm really excited to be a part of this community and hope to add value and learn.

We just put our first offer in on a rehab home...hope to hear this morning if we got it.

Hello Waylon! Glad to have you on board. Sioux Falls is a great place to invest in. I have been doing it just over three years now and love it. Are you planning on flipping it or holding it?

Welcome to BP and good luck on your first project. Let me know if I can help in any way. Real estate is a blast and when done with great partners it is absolutely fantastic! Speaking from experience my 3 partners and I have a fantastic company and enjoy a great amount of success. One bit of advice from one BP member to another Make sure you have a really good set of corporate resolution docs, non competes, a really good set of policies and procedures and communicate daily on expectations, goals, and EVERYTHING! I am 1 of 4 partners and we have a GREAT company but it takes work. Like in RE where location, location, location is key, in a good partnership communication, communication, communication is key. When you build your partnership this way it is one of the most rewarding things you can do. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you