• Investor
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Votes |
New Member -- Fort Walton Beach, FL

Anthony Lilley
  • Investor
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL
Posted Jul 1 2018, 08:05

Hello BP community! My name is Anthony and I am a brand new member here. A short while ago my wife, son, and I moved from North Carolina to the Fort Walton Beach area in Florida. We owned our home in NC, and sold it before moving. That process made the light bulb go off above my head, and I found Bigger Pockets and started listening to them every day on my drive to and from work. In the past few months I have made my way through about 60 episodes, and could not be more thankful for all of the good info. If I could go back, I would do things a little different before leaving NC, but am hoping to get started on my REI journey here in FL instead.

I am interested in SFR for now, as well as any local meetups that I could learn from. After listening to Brandon/Josh/Dave (and finally reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad as well as a host of other books mentioned on the site/podcast), I realized that I want to set my family up for up a life of passive (is real estate ever truly passive?) income, and have become passionate about investing since. Recently I have begun to immerse myself on the BP site, and just finally decided it was time to introduce myself and jump feet first into this community, this site is an amazing source of knowledge and information for us new guys! Any tips or advice from those with experience as I get started in REI? I'm always looking for other great podcast episodes or books that others have found helpful, or have enjoyed. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to meeting everyone!

Loading replies...