NEW Member From Columbus Ohio

7 Replies

Hi All!

I have been listening to bigger pockets and bigger pockets money for a while now and decided to finally join and become an active member of this great community. I am a sales consultant for a large new construction home builder in Columbus, OH. I graduated from Ohio University in 2016 where i majored in biological sciences and was also a baseball player. I love real estate and have a good understanding of the Columbus market which as of last month was the 4th hottest market in the U.S. I really want to focus on buy and hold real estate as well as multi-family. I look forward to learning from all the smart people on here and if you are in the Columbus market I'd love to hear from you! Thank you all for taking time to read this and get to know a little bit about me!

-Tyler Watkins

Welcome Tyler,  Happy to help with any and all Multifamily financing questions in Ohio.  

Side Note/Word of advice. I know your fresh out of college ball and might be worn out by the idea. But finding a Sunday League was one of the best things I ever did! Keep playing until you can't any more. Good for the soul and great place to meet professionals from all types of industries that will intersect your investing goals.

Welcome @Tyler Watkins from another fellow Ohioan.  I'm from just down the road from you and venture up to Columbus for meet ups quite often.  Perhaps we will run into each other some time.  Enjoy and good luck!

@Tyler Watkins Welcome to BP! 

Sounds like you found the podcasts already. My favorites are below:

Podcasts

Episode 108 - Grant Cardone... Just listen…

Episode 283 Paul Thompson - Quite a new episode but I would think everyone would agree this is a top episode. Mainly, the systems implemented are fascinating (VA, automated offers, etc.) Plus...escape velocity...

Episode 113Jay Papasan - Very practical slow and steady advice

Episode 221 - Tim Shiner - his concept of equity build up and "shearing the sheep" shows some of the flexibility of real estate vs a 401k

Last but not least, I also recommend all the tax advice given by my fellow CPAs on the BP Podcast.

Amanda Han

Brandon Hall

Tax Reform Update – Brandon Hall and Amanda Han

Linda Weygant

Guides

Ultimate Beginners Guide

Forum Stickies

BP Calculators or spreadsheets uploaded by members

My Favorite Books

I have to say all of the BP books…right? :)

The Millionaire Next Door

The Millionaire Real Estate Investor

What Every Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow

Hope this information can give you a good start. Feel free to reach out with any questions. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you