Starting Out from Canada

7 Replies

Hey, just wanted to say hi to everyone, I just stumbled upon this great community today so I thought I would do a short post. 

I am looking to learn and gain valuable knowledge and then execute investments within the real estate world. I'm starting out and looking to buy my first home very soon. Prices have dramatically increased in the last year or two, but look to be stabilizing. I live in Ontario, Canada and was curious to see if any Canadian members belong to this community.

Hi Michael 

I am in Ontario.  I am invested in Kitchener, Burlington, Guelph, Barrie, Cambridge, Brampton and Orangeville.  Some are long term holds and some are Rent to Owns (aka Lease options).  I am happy to chat on any of these.  Cheers and Welcome

Plenty here from Ontario. Beware when reading that the Canadian/Ontario real estate/financial environment here is nothing like that in the US.

The investment philosophy may be similar but business, finances and regulations are not.

Glad to see this thread. I recently moved to Toronto from the US, where I had rental property that I am in the process of selling. After I receive the funds from the sales, I will be looking to buy rental property here in Toronto. So I need to research the market here and would like to network with other Canadians here.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you