New Member - Alton NH

1 Reply

Hello Bigger Pockets Members!

I am very new to this and have been listening to the Bigger Pockets Podcasts.  I find that they are exciting and very informative.

I live in Alton NH and am looking to invest in Rochester NH and Dover NH (I think).  I look forward to reading all of your posts and hopefully contributing once I get my feet set in this endeavor.

Today, I am working on building my "team" of people - GC, Realtor, Broker..etc.

I work in a technology company in Portsmouth NH and am the company CIO. My job consists of manging business network security, projects, and budgeting my client's 5 year buisness plan with a goal of using technology to leverage their company goals. I love talking to my clients and get high when I close a project with them. Though I do LOVE my job, I don't relish the thought that I will need to work until I'm at least 75. I do have a 401k but as you know that "could" be gone in a split second.

I just finished reading Rich Dad/Poor Dad which was a real game changer for me.  Like most people today, I was brought up to do good in school so that I could get a good scholarship so that I could get a good job and run the typical rat race that 95% of people run.  Don't get me wrong, performing well in school does have its benefits - not to mention building character in a child BUT I want more.  Rich Dad/Poor Dad taught me that addionaly Monthly Recurring Revenue streams should come from multiple places.  401k, property investment, and stocks for me - for now.

The Miracle Morning - what millionairs do before 8:00am (from the last podcast I listened to) just came in today and I cannot wait to start reading it.

My ultimate goal is to acheive financial freedom by the time I am 55 (39 now) and eventually have assets to pass to my children.

Again, I look forward to reading your posts and if you are in my area feel free to shoot me a PM anytime.

Cheers.

Mike

Welcome!  My partner has family near Dover.   I too read and loved Rich Dad Poor Dad and a few other of Kiyosakis books but I only acted on them about 10 years later.  Dont be like me, go get those properties!!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you