New investor from Aurora, IL

6 Replies

Hello BP!

My name is Daniel Denon and I’m a relatively new investor, looking to build a portfolio of rental properties in and around DuPage County. I stumbled onto BP a few months back and I wish I found it sooner! It’s such an incredible wealth of information: the podcasts, the blogs, the experiences of so many other users, etc.

Like a lot of others, I'm working full-time while trying to build the passive income stream on the side. Unfortunately, I sat on the sidelines for a lot longer than I should have before finally jumping in last year. My brother and I acquired our first property back in January and we're actively looking for additional single-family or small multifamily properties, both buy-and-hold and "BRRRR" opportunities.

Definitely planning on being more involved here on BP and hopefully meeting more of the other folks here in the Chicago suburbs!

Hi @Daniel D. !

Reading your post, I absolutely relate! I am in a very similar situation. We got our first rental property last year and are looking for our second in DuPage County as well. Unfortunately, the market around us still seems pretty hot at the moment. 

Best of luck though!

-Andrew

@Daniel D.

Welcome to BP! Congrats on jumping in and getting your first deal last year. Your right BiggerPockets  is a tremendous source for knowledge, quick tips, questions answered and people to meet to help you in your investing business. 

I am a local broker in Aurora and am very involved within the investing community here. Give me a shout if you need anything! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you