New investors in OKC area

8 Replies

Husband and wife team here new to real estate investing. We are both currently in healthcare. We also own a photography studio/vintage furniture rental business. We are looking to get started in the OKC and immediate surrounding area. Interested in flipping single family and smaller multi family properties. Would love to connect with any OKC professionals!

Hi @Dayne Winters ! My thought process was this: we wanted to learn the business of REI from the ground up so to speak. I want to know the in's and out's from acquisition to financing to rehabbing to renting. We want to acquire a few smaller properties to start/practice with and then grow from there. Hopefully, we can build some capital to be able to invest in some buy and hold properties at some point. Again, we are new to this and open to suggestions!

That’s great and smart to learn the business. I am currently doing a BRRRR (Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat) on a mutifamily Property and got the idea from Brandon Turner’s Book, “The Book on Rental Property Investing.” https://www.biggerpockets.com/rentalbook.

Like I said, I’m doing buy and hold on mutifamily properties and this book is what made this possible. It’s not too long of a read, so if you are curious about possibly doing buy and hold first check it out. I can’t tell you how much it has helped me.

Hey @Mitch Kuehn welcome to the community!  I am a local Realtor and Rental property investor.  Dive deep in the content here on BP, lots of great information!  The BP podcast has been a big educational tool for me.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you