• Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
College student from Orlando, Florida

Lukas Getter
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jul 12 2018, 11:32

Hi my name is Lukas and I'm new to everything real estate. I've always been interested in it as a way to create passive income through rental properties and I'm just now starting to take it seriously. I'm a Computer Science major at UCF and I'm trying to think of creative ways to get a head start on my real estate journey. I found bigger pockets through Youtube and now listen to the podcast on Spotify. I've read the UBG and I'm half way through The Book on Investing with No Money Down. As things stand I will be leasing out an apartment at one of the local student housing complexes but I think that it would be smarter to house hack since I'll be here for at least another two years. Ideally I would like to find a house within a few miles of the campus that needs some small improvements. A few questions for others more experienced than I: What criteria do you look for when trying to find a SFH to rent out? I know the 2% rule is popular but from what I've found online it doesn't seem like that is a reasonable goal. Also, what other things should I look for considering that I'd like to continue renting out my room once I graduate and move elsewhere?

Loading replies...