Diego Hooker
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
First Post on BiggerPockets - Introduction

Diego Hooker
  • Orlando, FL
Posted Jul 12 2018, 18:48

Hi everyone,

My name is Diego and I am a third year Industrial Engineering Student at the University of Central Florida in Orlando. I'm from Fort Lauderdale, FL and I know that area better than Orlando. I'm interested in residential and multifamily rental properties. I'm looking to expand my knowledge in real estate and hopefully meet some awesome people on BiggerPockets!

I do have a little experience in real estate. My friend, Tim, and I had some bandit signs made and we put them around the neighborhoods of UCF in order to try to wholesale houses, but we only got calls from other wholesalers trying to sell us their houses. Nonetheless, it was a good experience.

My dad has really inspired me to start learning about real estate investing, as he had wholesaled a few properties and now has begun buying rental properties and I'd like to help him find and analyze deals. Of course, after I graduate college I plan on buying my own rental properties.

I've been reading books, watching some YouTube videos, and I just started listening to the BiggerPockets Podcast (which is phenomenal by the way). I plan on attending BiggerPockets meetups in Orlando at the start of next semester of college. I'd love any feedback on what else I could be doing to learn as much as possible to prepare myself to invest in rental properties. 

Thanks,

Diego Hooker

Loading replies...