New would-be investor in Ohio

6 Replies

Hello everyone! I am new to real estate investing and am looking for people to network with in central Ohio or beyond. I would like to network with other investors and learn more about this industry. I am mainly looking into buy and hold but am willing to learn anything. I have read many books related to investing and think I have a fairly descent handle on what to expect. Unfortunately, my only real estate experience to date is my primary residence. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@Chuck Fagala - welcome to BP!

As I'm sure you're figuring out, BP is full of great information.  Have you narrowed your focus to a certain type of property or area?  If so, start evaluating deals.  There are plenty of blog posts, webinars, and worksheets that provide examples & recommendations on how to evaluate a deal.

Congratulations on getting started - enjoy the ride!

-Tom

@Tom Murray
Thank you! I have been checking out what BiggerPockets has to offer and I am very impressed. My market has many single family and a few multi family properties. I am just waiting to find the right deal. I have analyzed several deals and nothing make sense just yet.
Thank you for the encouraging words!

Thank you! I am currently located in Marion although I am not originally from here. I believe this town has a ton of potential even though it has a pretty bad image. I would like to do my part to make this town better. My current focus is Marion county but I am not averse to going outside of this area. I see that you are in Marysville. I work at Honda so I get down that way rather often (basically every day). 

P.S. How does the @xxxx thing work when replying to a post? I tried to direct this message to you but I cannot figure out how. I think I may have to read up on how to better utilize the forum. 

Originally posted by @Chuck Fagala :
Hello everyone! I am new to real estate investing and am looking for people to network with in central Ohio or beyond. I would like to network with other investors and learn more about this industry. I am mainly looking into buy and hold but am willing to learn anything. I have read many books related to investing and think I have a fairly descent handle on what to expect. Unfortunately, my only real estate experience to date is my primary residence. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello and welcome! Nice to have another Ohioan on here. Best of luck to you! 

Welcome Chuck! I'm from Toledo, currently live in Denver, and am investing in central Ohio as well.  How long have you been in your current residence? I'd love to bounce a crazy idea off you.... if you're interested in crazy ideas of course. DM me and I'll share my thoughts. Best of luck either way - see you out there! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you