• Investor
  • Winsted, MN
Votes |
Long Time Listener & Reader - First Time Contributor

Justin Hertzog
  • Investor
  • Winsted, MN
Posted Jul 18 2018, 06:13

My name is Justin Hertzog.  I am from a rural area in MN about an hour outside of the Twin Cities.  I have about 10 years of experience being a real estate agent, rental agent for a large property management company, and now owning my own small brokerage.  I have always had a passion for the investments side and have tried to make that my focus along the way.  I went through Fortune Builders Mastery class about 6 years ago and also dove into real estate full time at the same time.

Since then, my wife has joined me so we both do this full time.  We have slowly acquired a small self storage facility, an 8 unit apartment, completed a large rehab project, and turned our previous personal house into a rental after moving into the rehab project.  We've also done some private lending to larger self storage developers as well as secured a nice sized HELOC on our property in hopes of using it on our next project.

Our goal now is to build out our rental portfolio faster than we have been to try and gain financial freedom within the next 5 years or sooner.  I'm very excited to be more active on Bigger Pockets.  I've been listening to their podcasts, watching the YouTube videos, and reading a lot of the articles on here already.  There is such a wealth of knowledge and opportunity here and I'm excited to tap into it as well as contribute as much as I can.

I look forward to chatting more with everybody or possibly even working together!

Loading replies...