From Citrus Heights CA

2 Replies

Hello BiggerPockets, my name is Nicholas Towne and as I am writing this I will have turned 35! I have watched videos and listen to a few podcasts on wholesales and looking to steer from the 9-5 grind of retail. Would love to do this part time starting out and then into full time. Like I said I’m in retail and have been for the past 13 years and just wanting to make more money and have more time for my wife and myself. Not greedy, just some of the stories I’ve heard making like 5-7K a month would be a game changer, as I make only roughly 2K per month! Not that if I was to make a ton of money would be a bad thing! Lived in Sacramento all my life living in the Citrus Heights area and excited to start networking!

Hey Nicholas, welcome to the community. Just be aware that wholesaling is very difficult to accomplish and the competition is fierce. 

I'd encourage you to become familiar with all the avenues you can take within real estate investing before you choose one. Check out some local investor meetups. I attend one in Roseville called "Roseville Meetup". It's free and you'll meet some cool people there. 

Hey Nick, much like @Pratik P. said the wholesaling market is tough to break into because it is essentially a no money down means of getting into REI so EVERYBODY wants to do it. However that doesn't mean you can't become the best!! Wholesaling in this market is essentially a second job so i would suggest trying to partner with somebody who has been doing it. I'm sure you've seen the "I BUY HOUSES" signs throughout town. Any time you see one jot down the number give the person a call, tell them your goals, and tell them you are willing to do ANYTHING to help their cause as long as you can work with them and gain that necessary experience to develop. best of luck!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you