Newbie from Maryville, TN

8 Replies

My name is Tony Hummel and I am new to real estate investing.  I have lived in East Tennessee the last 16 years.  Prior to that I lived in Houston TX.  

My profession is Purchasing Manager for a fortune 100 auto retailer, and I have been with them for almost 25 years in a few different roles.  Recent changes in my role have caused me to look outside to see what else is out there.   I discovered the world of podcasts and my eyes have been opened.  

Currently I am reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad and listening to Bigger Pockets and other podcasts to increase my Financial IQ.  I didn't know what I didn't know...

I am interested in connecting with others to learn as much as I can and add value to them as well.  

My short term goal is to buy my first property in 90 days.   (Yes Brandon, I am going to watch your webinar)

My mid term goal is to generate "walk away" income.

My long term goal is to create a legacy of wealth for my family.

Welcome to BP @Anthony Hummel

I’m also in Maryville and just getting started. I’m actually at the Rich Dad 3-day seminar in Knoxville this weekend. 

There is a BP meetup in Knoxville next weekend. You should come out to it. Connect with me and maybe we can get together and discuss our journey. 

@Anthony Hummel Welcome to BP!

I love your goals man! Rich Dad Poor Dad is awesome, I just had my 15 year old read it and my 12 year old is currently reading Rich Dad Poor Dad for Teens. I'm trying to raise them with an eye on financial freedom as opposed to the old "get a good job and work hard" path. 

Here's to your success!!

Hey Anthony! I remember my first time listening to the BP podcast, and I had that exact same "I didn't know what I didn't know" feeling. There is always so much more out there to learn. I work in the Nashville market with people who are looking for their next investment opportunity. If I can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to reach out!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you