Newbie from Louisville, KY

9 Replies

Hi, all!

I'm Lauren from Louisville, KY. I've been a "lurker" on the site for a couple years now, but have recently started to get serious about my REI education and am interested in buying a SFH rental to start out with. I work in IT currently, but the goal is to one day have enough cash flow to do real estate full-time as IMO it's much more exciting. I'm interested in finding an experienced mentor that can help me on my journey and teach me a few things about the local market, which is why I plan on visiting some of the local meet-ups soon. I hope to keep you all updated on my progress in the future because I don't want to become another person who talks about REI but never follows through!

-Lauren

@Lauren Kendall Welcome... As a fellow IT person I agree real estate is much more exciting. Good luck and if I can help with anything feel free to reach out. Thanks 

@Lauren Kendall welcome to REI and the BP community. You are definitely in the right place to learn all about REI. There will definitely be like-minded individuals at your local REIA. That is the best place to start and there is certainly a thriving REI community up there. Good luck on your future REI ventures.

Definitely check out all the meet ups around the area. Kreia, the Bp Meetup at Molly Malone’s, and Beau Hollis’s at blind squirrel.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you