Newbie from land O’Lakes, Florida

11 Replies

Hey, my name is Jonathan Colón. I am 20 yrs old and from Boston. Im one exam away from getting my real estate lisence and starting my career as an investor/agent. Currently I work for a Fortune 500 company, called tech data, as a sales rep. My goals are to get a foot in real estate investing, completing my first flip or investing in a rental property by the end of this year. Then continue to learn as much as I can and slowly build my real estate empire. I came to join biggerpockets by searching for financial freedom and finding the podcast. 

Hi @Jonathan Colon !

Welcome to Bigger Pockets! It has been so instrumental in my investing journey, and in my growth as a real estate agent. Be sure to plug into your local BP community through meet-ups and investment groups. Glad you are here!

I got divorced and life had to reset. My tip is don't get divorced and have to start all over from square 1! I've just been reading and watching tons of podcasts. Learning learning learning at this stage. Hoping to flip one by year's end also. 

Hey bro welcome. Your getting started at the right age! I got into this at 21 and havent looked back since. I am now 30 years old and have done over 100 fix and flips/buy and hold, and new construction. Not trying to brag but just putting it out there that nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it. If you ever need any help or advice feel free to message me

Hello! @Jonathan Colon

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent.

There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you