23yr old First Time 4 Family Buyer

7 Replies

Hey! I just bought my first home in Cincinnati, OH. It's a 4-family that we have rented 3 units in and are living in the 4th. I have learned a ton from the BP podcasts and can't wait to diversify my investments. 

I'm still looking for more investment options like airbnb's and larger apartments. Not sure where to go next. I am recognizing my inadequacies in accounting and tax deductions. I'd love any book, people, or podcast recommendations! 

@Ryan Dietrich , congrats!!  I was looking these for a while but decided to look in state. Hopefully I will look out there again someday. Until then, enjoy the house hack! I wish I would have purchased a multi as my first property.Then again I probably would have a harder time running my handyman business out of a multifamily residence. Good luck! 

Hey Ryan good job on getting started so young

It seems the general advice here on BP is to focus on one property type until you gain enough proficiency of the fundamentals to move onto other types of investments. In either case I've found that actively outreaching to others here on this forum has been invaluable and everybody is super helpful

I'm also buying in Cincinnati so would be good to connect and see if we can help each other in any way

Congrats Ryan!  That is exactly how I got started three years ago in Cincinnati.  It will lay a great foundation for you to get started in real estate.  I'll shoot you a pm for an accountant.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you