Making it ColoRADo - looking forward to meeting you!

8 Replies

Hey BP!

Just introducing myself to the community!  I'm an active duty Army officer just getting started in the real estate investing game and am having SO MUCH FUN so far!

My partner and I are looking at buy & hold and fix & flip properties in the greater Colorado Springs, CO area.  We're open to other markets if the deal is right.

I love meeting and getting to know people, especially positive people committed to success...and BP is full of just those type of folk.  So I'm looking forward to chatting with you!

@Thadeous Larkin I am an Active Duty Navy Officer... currently looking to invest in Colorado Springs as well. I plan to invest in commercial apartments, however I am doing it out of state... stationed in San Diego at the moment. I networked with an retired army officer we runs a property management company out your way. PM me if you want his contact info! Cheers - Mike

@Thadeous Larkin

Welcome to BP and to the real estate game! We live in Denver but do a lot of work in Colorado Springs because we can't in good conscience recommend investing here. (In fact, my wife and I just partnered with some past clients to buy a SFH with a carriage house and are doing Airbnb short-term rentals in both.)

Anyway, we're big fans of the Springs.  Awesome to hear you're diving in. Good luck! 

Hooah! Welcome, @Thadeous Larkin !! BP will keep informed, educated and motivated.  I was also an Army Officer - Intelligence. I got out in 2015 and have been doing real estate and franchising business since.  My partner and I recently relocated from Northern Virginia to Colorado Springs. 

We have seen success investing and plan on growing our business here.  Would love to connect with new and experienced investors.  

If you have any questions, recommendations or would like to get together and chat about the way-forward - would love to get to know you and goals more. 

Best wishes, 

Ernest 

@James Carlson - Thanks, man!  My fiancee lives in Denver (LoHi...she's way more hip than I am), so I'm up there from time to time.  Let me know if I can ever buy you a coffee or a beer or an organic fair-trade hibiscus kombucha and we can chat real estate.

@Ernest Chamblee - I lived in NoVa for a short period of time, too.  Spent 8 years in Virginia total.  I'm going to take you up on your offer of getting together.  PM headed your way.

@Kyle Doney - Headed to his REIA event tonight (unless I'm ordered to stay at work late)! I'll be sure to say "hello." Thanks for the heads up.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you