New member from Little Rock, AR

5 Replies

I'm a newbie from Little Rock.  I am also an architect.  By day, I do mostly commercial work for my firm.  However, I have a passion for residential design as well.  I have a side business designing houses for private clients and/or builders and have done numerous houses in central Arkansas for over 14 years.  Many of these houses have been remodels/renovations.  I love to take something that is boring or dated and transform it into something new and exciting.  I'm excited to be a part of the BP community since I see a lot of folks out there doing this very thing in their areas.  Good design can be accomplished on a budget.  

I would love the chance to connect with folks in the BP community.

Thanks!

Josh,

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

I'm originally from Southern Arkansas, (born in NLR), but am currently in California.  I am pretty sure that I will be coming back to Arkansas within the next few years.

I have plans to invest in Arkansas before I come back, and when I do come back I will likely be remodeling an existing home or building a new home in Central Arkansas, so maybe I'll need your services for one or all of those things.

Jan

Thanks everyone.  The work I have done to this point involves either desigining new residences or modifications to existing homes.  I enjoy it all, but the renovations are often the most fun as they require some creativity to pull it all together.  

I am attaching some images showing a before and after for a renovation that I worked on in Little Rock.  The builder is a friend of mine who specializes in flipping.  I did the design work along the way and he did the financing and construction.  In this particular project, we basically doubled the square footage by adding a second level which included new roof lines, new bedroom spaces and a fully renovated downstairs as well.  It all came together nicely.  I would love to do more flips like this.

Hello! @Josh Newton

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent.

There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you