• California, Southern NH
Votes |
New, Inspired, and Overwhelmed

Steve Y.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • California, Southern NH
Posted Aug 10 2018, 15:58

Hi Everyone, 

Just want to make a quick new member introduction. I've been sitting on the sidelines, reading, learning, getting inspired and now I'm ready to dive right in. Great timing right?? Better late than never. I have a bunch of cash saved up so funding is not an issue but finding deals are nonexistent around my area. I'm from the Boston area and man, it's brutal here. I've been working with a local agent, scouring the MLS listing, driving for dollars but nada. The home prices are astronomical ($600k+) within a 1 hour radius and I just can't do rough neighborhoods. Forget about cash flow, 1%, 50%, 70% rules. I started to look out of state toward Midwest. I'm a bit hesitant on out-of-state investing being that it's my first but I don't want to give up because I can't find local deals. I'll do my due diligence and narrow down my market then work on the core four (lender, agent, contractor, property management). Well here we go. If anyone has a market they would like to suggest, please let me know! Words of wisdom? I would love it.

I've been traveling to Cedar Rapids, Iowa for my day job so I may start there. 

Looking forward to connect with many of you BP'ers! Cheers!

Steve

Loading replies...