Buy and Hold Lansing, Michigan

10 Replies

Hello Bigger Pockets Community!  My name is Ryan Taylor and I am a BP newbie.  I grew up in the Lansing area and recently moved back after living in Connecticut for 6 years.  I'm excited to surround myself with other like-minded real estate investors and would love to connect and provide value in any way possible.  

I have one rental in CT and plan to build my portfolio in the greater Lansing area using a buy and hold/BRRRR strategy to accumulate 20+ rentals within the next 5 years. My background is in the golf and financial service industries and I want to utilize my skills, work ethic and passion to become a full time real estate investor.

Feel free to reach out.  I'd love to meet up and talk real estate.  Best!

Hey @Ryan Taylor !

Welcome to BP, and welcome back to Lansing. I too am a buy and hold investor in Lansing. It has been a great market over the last few years. However, right now, I am personally finding it harder to find deals that fit into my criteria. I wish you the best of luck. There are several investor meetup groups in the Lansing area if you are interested in that sort of thing. One of them is taking place tomorrow night at 6pm at El Azteco (1016 W Saginaw). Topic will be about AirBnB's Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend this one. When I do, I always learn something new and come away with revived enthusiasm.

Once again, welcome!

Hi @Drew Purvis , thanks for reaching out.  Good to know there is a Lansing meetup.  I live on the west side actually so that's close for me but won't be able to attend tomorrow. I'll keep an eye out for the next meeting date.  

Hey @Ryan Taylor , welcome to BP and back to Lansing. I'm also a buy and hold investor in the area. In addition to the meeting Drew mentioned there is a rental property group that meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month in Holt. Good group for landlord resources, if you plan to manage yourself. Both meetings are on meetup so you can see when things are happening.

Welcome Ryan! I myself am a buy and hold investor, interested in multi families, mobile homes, SFH and am doing some flipping right now as well. I am a licensed realtor as well and would be happy to discuss which markets I choose in the Lansing area (I also live on the west side) and where I have found success. PM me if you want to connect.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you