Hungry Go-Getter Seeking Experience in Houston

2 Replies

After 5 years running my family foods company, I am looking to get into the real estate side of things.  As a newbie, I am interested in gaining experience under someone with plenty of it (via partnership or employment).  Several niches interest me, such as buy-and-hold rental properties to generate passive income or possibly wholesale acquisitions to utilize my sales background.

I do not have a Texas real estate license, and want to learn some in's and out's of the industry before deciding whether or not I will need one as a future real estate investor.  I've listened to hundreds of BP episodes and feel like I've learned enough to make the jump and start reaching out to local investors.

Any tips, recommendations, or opportunities that might be of value to me in the Houston area would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Austin

Updated almost 3 years ago

UPDATE: I decided to go ahead and get my TX real estate license and should have it by the end of September. I look forward to using it to help other investors find deals while get more experience before investing on my own. Let me know if there are any recommended brokers looking for a knowledgeable agent interested in investment sales and acquisitions!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you