New Investor in Nashville, TN

8 Replies

Hi Everyone,

I am a new investor currently living in the Nashville, TN area. I grew up in Illinois and have moved around for work over the past decade living in Wichita, KS, Denver, CO and now Nashville. I currently work full time in the corporate finance world and my wife and I are expecting our second daughter next month.

I found BiggerPockets a few months ago by way of listening to the audiobook of Set For Life by Scott Trench on a long road trip and it ignited my interest in real estate as a tool to reach financial freedom.  My wife and I have done a couple live in flips of our previous homes and we are now looking for small multifamily properties to buy and hold.

I am grateful to have found this community. The wealth of knowledge that it has to offer is tremendous.

I have development opportunities in Nashville as well as larger multifamily options in the southeast. The multifamily would be more of a passive investment. Give me a shout if you want to talk about Nashville!

Welcome to Nashville @Eric Donovan ! Are you interested in just the Nashville area, or are you willing to look in other smaller cities outside of Nashville? Such as Murfreesboro, Hendersonville, Madison, Hermitage, Goodletsville, etc.? I'm a realtor here in the Nashville area. Send me a PM if I can help in any way!

Good luck! 

Welcome to the Nashville area Eric Donovan! I’m from Illinois as well; what part of IL are you from? Been in middle TN for 2 years and love it, although the real estate market is very very competitive.

@James Jones Thanks, we are enjoying TN so far!  I grew up in Northern Illinois in Kane County.  I see from your profile we have similar investment interests and goals.  Send me a PM if you'd like to talk sometime.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you